martes, 14 de noviembre de 2017

Learn to prevent

We learnt to prevent the hard way. I think it happens the same to most people. It was when somebody hit my car (as you may know, you never hit your car, somebody always hits yours course!), and repairing it cost me almost 700 dollars (in Peru, that's is a lot of money). I needed my car, so I had to pay it. It was then that my friend Pedro told me that I would have payed only 150 dollars if I had an insurance. Then he added: "Sadly, most Peruvians don't have a culture of prevention."


It happened the same thing when my first son was born. That Cesarean cost us almost 2500 dollars! (I have nightmares till now!). But we learnt the lesson, because the Cesarean of our second son costs us only 250 dollars because we got a health insurance. We also got a car insurance, which saved us many times!

It's true that sometimes we don't use the insurances, but looking at the big picture, it results much more cheaper to have an insurance than not to have it, not mentioning the peace it brings you. Now we want to obtain an earthquake insurance.

Don't worry that I don't want to sell you any insurance. I just want you to think that it's better safe than sorry.

In Matthew 7:24-27 Jesus talks about two people, one prudent and one fool. The prudent built his house on the rock because he thought that it'd rain and that there would be a big torment. In the other hand, the foolish one most surely thought: "Oh, come on! Do you really think that there will be such a big torment that it would destroy my house! Here, on the sand, it's ok to build!" But we know that the ruin of the foolish person was great.

This passage of Matthew perfectly applies to the situation of floods and inundation that we lived in Peru early in the year. How much hurt and loss we would have averted if we had prevented! Our next door country Ecuador gave us a big lesson in that regard. They were the prudent and we the foolish.

Accidents, sicknesses or any other bad thing can happen to anybody. The thing is to be ready for when they happen. I encourage you to pray, to ask God for wisdom, to ask other people for advice, get informed!, and make better decisions to prevent bad things that may happen to you.

Proverbs 22:3
"A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, but the simple passes on and are punished"

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario