viernes, 12 de enero de 2018

Just for two hours!


The first stop that our airplane had when we traveled to USA was at the gigantic Atlanta's airport. We just had two hours to get to our next plane, but we had to go through the migration process first and then all the way to the opposite furthest part of the airport. We would've lost our connection if the next plane hadn't delayed.

The next time I have to stop in that airport, I know what I'll do. I'll have clothe to change, I'll go to a hotel nearby to take a shower, I'll have ready in what restaurant I'll eat, I'll drink many coffees 'cause I don't want to miss my next flight, I'll rent a car, I'll buy new clothe, I'll have more coffee just in case, I'll have ready tickets for a movie theater and an amusement park nearby, I'll take 4 or 5 book to not get bored, and I'll make sure to have my cellphone with the batteries full and two or three portable batteries full charged to call all my friends and family.

Quite excessive, isn't it?

"Why so much stuff for just two hour of waiting?", surely you're wondering. Besides, Atlanta's airport isn't my destiny, but I'll be there just for a LITTLE WHILE. All that preparation will be understandable for the destiny, and not for the stop.

MANY OF US DO EXACTLY THE SAME WITH THIS LIFE, WHICH IS NOT MORE THAN A STOP, NOT OUR FINAL DESTINY.

Think about it, EVERY SINGLE of your worries are about this life! We over worry for things of this life and not for the ones that belong to eternity. We set our minds on things on the earth (Colossians 3:2), which are like vapor (James 4:14), they don't last long, they are in one moment, but in the next moment they are no more, instead of setting our minds on things above.

If we learn to live with the perspective that we are here just passing by, we'll learn to live worry-free and with confidence. We'll quit over-worrying and stressing out for food, clothe, house, fashion, work, for what others say, if we travel or not, etc., because we'll realize that ALL of that is about this life. EVERY SINGLE thing of that is for those "two hours" that we will be here! All of that is for this little while!

In the other hand, if we set our mind on Heaven, we will start to give the due importance to the eternal thing: forgiving, loving, unity, helping others, saying how important is that person to you, worshiping, His Word, family time. It's right there when peace and joy will govern our thoughts all the time!

Hope it helps!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario