viernes, 27 de octubre de 2017

One Way to Curse your Children

About one year ago, I told my son Juan Esteban (he was 8 years old): "Don't be lazy!", because he didn't want to clean his room, but in that moment I felt that I was saying to him that he was lazy, and he should stop being that. I realized that the words "don't be lazy" had the same meaning as "you are lazy, stop being that."

As a father, I felt so bad because I was telling my son he was lazy, therefore, he was going to behave as he was. Without realizing, I was cursing him, bonding his life to a certain behavior.

I am sure that it was my Heavenly Father the One that put in my heart to stop talking to my two kids in that way (because I also talked to my son Juan Pablo in that way), and to start analyzing the way I was talking to them, which I supposed it was the right way because I've never insulted them, I've never despised them, I've never told them that they can't, etc.

From that moment on I replaced the words "don't be lazy" by "don't behave as if you were lazy, because you are not. You are disciplined". I replaced the words "don't be bad" by "do not behave as if you were bad, because you are not. You are good," and sometimes I add: "and indeed, you are very good" 😀. I replaced the words "don't be filthy" by "do not behave as if you were filthy, because you aren't. You are clean."



That wrong way to say things was part of me in such a way that I kept doing it out of habit, but I corrected myself immediately. I've also explained this to my boys, so that in the case I spoke to them in that way again, they may know that I was the one that was wrong, and that they are not what I said. There were times they corrected me, and I was so happy to accept that correction!

Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you those wrong ways to say things that are part of you, in which you might be cursing your children without realizing. May your mouth be a spring of blessing from which they may constantly drink!

I really hope this helped you!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario